We know snacks are for snacking. That said, we sometimes like to recipe-test with products in our monthly snack boxes.
If you're on the hunt for an exciting grab-and-go breakfast, look no further than this crunchy bar packed with good fats. We whipped up this recipe with Prana's Fuji trail mix from the July snack box, and the result was even better than expected. Organic nuts for the win!
Fuji Trail Mix Breakfast Bars V GF
(Adapted from Bon Appetit)
Makes 12 bars.
1 bag (150g) Prana Fuji Organic Trail Mix
6 tbsp raw sesame seeds
5 tbsp whole flaxseed
¼ cup oat flour (place large-flake oats in a blender or food processor and pulse until you reach a flour-like consistency)
¾ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp ground cardamom
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8 x 8” baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
2. Toast sesame seeds and flaxseed in divided areas on a separate rimmed baking sheet, stirring occasionally (but not mixing) until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Let cool. Set aside 2 tbsp sesame seeds and 1 tbsp flaxseed.
3. Mix the Prana nut mix and remaining seeds with oat flour, salt and cardamom in a food processor until finely chopped. Place in a medium bowl.
4. Bring maple syrup and coconut oil to a boil in a small saucepan; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Pour over nut mixture and stir to coat.
5. Press mixture firmly into prepared baking pan with wet hands (it'll be sticky). Top with reserved toasted seeds and press to adhere. Bake bars until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. For extra crispiness, press down on the bars when they’re still warm using another 8” square pan. Let cool, then cut into bars.
Note: Bars can be made 2 weeks ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Comments will be approved before showing up.